Hop along with the STAMPlorations girls in the TYPOGRAFIA In Faith mini hop for a chance to win your choice of 3 stamps in the Typografia In Faith line! Click here. (ends 10/23)
***
We have the winner for the TYPOGRAFIA Motivate mini hop! If you hopped last week, click here to see if it's you!


Monday, May 01, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Altered Bottle by Carol


Hi everyone, Carol here today to share how I altered a humble sauce bottle....one of many in my stash awaiting a makeover!


I started by covering the bottle in a layer of texture paste, not paying too much attention to how smoothly it ended up.


Once this layer was dry I used the Daisy Play stencil and more texture paste to add design to each side.


After leaving everything to dry I added a coat of black gesso and once that was dry I started adding some colour using three shades of Mica Powders. 


Spray with water until you get the desired effect and allow to dry.


I added some metallic wax to the edges then coated the whole bottle with clear gesso to seal everything and give a "tooth" for the next layer. I put the stencil back in place and painted some of the flowers with distress paint and added some gemstones to the centres. the bottle was finished with some twine.


I hope I've inspired to use your stencils....they really are very versatile.

ARTplorations - Daisy Play stencil 

Other goods - Gesso, Texture Paste, Mica Powders

4 comments:

  1. WOW - this bottle looks fabulous, I want to reach out and feel the textures of the design!
    Thank You for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from fellow crafters! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...