Hop along with the STAMPlorations girls in the TYPOGRAFIA In Faith mini hop for a chance to win your choice of 3 stamps in the Typografia In Faith line! Click here. (ends 10/23)
***
We have the winner for the TYPOGRAFIA Motivate mini hop! If you hopped last week, click here to see if it's you!


Friday, May 12, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Melissa Creates an Over the Rainbow Calendar

  Hi! I'm here to share a fun mixed media calendar with you today. I hope you enjoy seeing the process I used to create it. 

Here's the finished mini calendar page that I made using the ARTplorations stencils/masks Retro CirclesJust Flow, and Where Trouble Melts.

I thoroughly enjoyed making the calendar for this month's Anything Goes Mixed Media Challenge. So, I decided to share how I made it.
1. I started by stenciling yellow ink through Retro Circles onto a panel of watercolor paper.


2. I covered the panel with the Where Troubles Melt Mask and sponged on a rainbow.






  3. I added rosy red gel pen outlines to the words.


4. Added Glossy Accents.

                           
  5. After allowing the Glossy Accents to dry, I added a white frame, masked off the center of the panel and added white embossing paste through the Just Flow stencil.

 





  6. I removed the masking tape, allowed the paste to dry and trimmed the white panel.


7. I added the little calendar. I designed the little calendar as a word document and printed it onto white cardstock. It measures about 4" x 2 1/4" or 4 cm x 5.75 cm.


8. I added the white lines to the mini calendar.



That's all I have for today. I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial and look forward to reading your comments. 
Thanks for stopping by!
Grace & Peace,

melissastamplorationsdtbadge 

ARTplorations Products:

preview-web-stencil-051-retrocircles
preview-stencil127-Wheretroublesmeltmask
preview-stencil121-JustFlow

7 comments:

We love hearing from fellow crafters! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...