Thursday, September 14, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Cards for All Seasons with Cornelia


Hi, Cornelia here today. As promised I made some gelatin prints and tell you about the process. I decided to make three cards, although I now have quite a few backgrounds. It so much fun to play with that stuff....


  

Lets start with the Christmas card:


I put a few drops of purple and white acrylic paint on my plate and brayered to mix the colors in an ombre pattern - see left picture. Put the deer mask onto the plate and placed a regular printer paper on top. Brayered the paper on the plate and lifted it off. The deer stays white and the paper soaks up the color.


The finished card got a silver glitter border and silver glitter paper sentiment. The deer got a little bell.


The butterfly card is next, since it was also super easy.


Added yellow acrylic paint to the plate, brayered and added the stencil. Printed the same way with the brayer and regular printing/copy paper. It looks kind of pretty, but I thought some spray paint would jazz it up a bit. so I sprayed yellow and pink Dylusion spray on top. The acrylic paint kind of resists those sprays. I let it dry, of course. Ran it through my Big Shot with the stitched nesting die. Die cut the sentiment and the butterfly and put it all together.



Halloween card:


This one was a bit more involved. I added sea green, purple and pink acrylic paints to my plate and again brayered to smooth out those paints. Added the stencil. Put black gesso on top, since I don't have black acrylic paint. Lifted off the stencil and then printed onto copy paper.

Then I thought if I would add some googly eyes it would go through as a Halloween card....I die cut the paper a bit smaller than the A2 card with the middle stitched nesting die. Cut matching blue-green paper as a background for my panel. Glued it all onto black card stock. Added the googly eyes and the SPOOKY, which I sponged in matching colors.


Not counting making those backgrounds it took me two hours to make those three cards. Not too bad, right?

My supplies:

    

  


 
Art Edges, Stitched nesting Dies

I hope you liked this and perhaps you'll give it a try!

Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, make sure to hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.

Use code STAMPGIRLCORNELIA to get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies on all regular- and sale-priced items in the store.

Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE all 3 of your gelly plate card designs, Cornelia. TFS your photos and steps. I am itching to get out my plates, acrylics and stencils. Sounds like a fun Fall project after the rains begin again:-) TFS and inspiring us my friend. Hugs..BTW..I tried to pick a favorite...no doing. Love all 3:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the step by step on your three fabulous cards. The backgrounds have produced really unique works of art...love all three cards x Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card with the Bubble stencil. The others as well !!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)