Thursday, March 15, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia Lands on a Tiny Island


Hi, Cornelia here today. I got inspired to make a slider card, as soon as I saw the wonderful new stamp club set, Wanderlust. There are so many options for that, but I settled for the airplane and the little island.


My stamp supplies:
preview-Wanderlust   preview-web-stencil-003-clouds-large.jpeg


And that's how I did it:

I cut the path for the airplane with a Dienamics die.

Stamped the plane on a piece of scrap paper, colored it and fussy cut it. 

Stamped and masked the island. Colored it.

Took a penny and attached little double sided sticky foam dots. Put the penny into the slit and attached the plane.

Masked and sponged the sky and the water.

Added the sentiment and white gel pen accents.  
You can see below how the plane slides across the sky:

I trimmed the card and added a strip of patterned paper on the side.


Do you like slider cards?

Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.


Use code STAMPGIRLCORNELIA
to get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies on all regular- and sale-priced items in the store.

Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. One creative and very talented lady. Thank you for the amazing inspiration with your fun card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! What a great slider card and I love the flying airplane. A great way to share a get-a-way vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)